The Kentucky Communication Association will host its annual conference at Jenny Wiley State Park, Prestonsburg, KY on September 14-15, 2018.
2. Paper abstracts. An abstract between 75 and 100 words may be submitted with a paper title for consideration. Full papers are not required with submission. Please include for each abstract author:
3. Scholarly panels. Themed scholarly panels are highly encouraged. Panel proposals should include panel title; the title and 75-150 word abstract for each paper on the panel (3-5 papers per panel maximum). Please include for each abstract author, as well as for the chair and moderator:
4. Discussion roundtables. Discussion roundtables can be proposed about any topic you and your colleagues consider to be relevant to teaching, research, creativity, or service in the communication discipline. A rationale for the roundtable (75-500 words) must be included. Please include for each discussion leader:
5. Performances or presentations. Performances, presentations of films, photography exhibits, music, or other artistic works or creative interaction sessions related to the communication discipline are encouraged for submission. Please include for each performer/presenter:
6. Great ideas for teaching (GIFT) workshops. Lesson plans, activities, teaching models, and other great ideas for communication classrooms are always welcome at the conference. Please submit your activity’s name and a 75-200 word description of the teaching activity workshop. If accepted, you will be asked to bring completed handouts for the audience to help them implement the GIFT in their classrooms. Also, be prepared to facilitate a 30-minute workshop. Please include for each GIFT author:
7. Student films. Friday evening will feature short student films. Please submit a link to the film on a publicly accessible site, such as YouTube. Please include for each student film author:
Jenny Wiley State Resort Park
75 Theatre Ct.
Prestonsburg, KY 41653
Phone: (606) 889-1790
Jenny Wiley State Resort Park opened in 1962, named after one of the region’s most famous frontierswomen, Virginia “Jenny” Sellards Wiley (circa 1760-1831). The lodge is named for Andrew Jackson May, a local native and Congressman for many years. The park has 49 lodge rooms, 18 one and two-bedroom cottages, a dining area that seats 244 people, a convention center, hiking trails, picturesque Dewey Lake, disc golf, and a 121-site campground.
Click to Visit the Jenny Wiley State Resort Park Website!
Reminder: DEADLINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS: June 15, 2018
Submissions will be accepted via the Dropbox link between now and the June 15th deadline.
Please send all submissions directly to:
On the title page, please include the type of submission you are sending (i.e., which of the 7 types listed above). The name, affiliation, and email address for each participant must be included in your submission.
I can’t wait to see you at the conference!
Erin E. Gilles, Ph.D.
Vice President, Kentucky Communication Association
University of Southern Indiana
Department of Communication